Skip to main content

Supergirl


I've had this post sitting part done for four days, my bad.

Supergirl was arguable my favorite Superhero while growing up, ok she was tied with Rogue (cartoon version not movie), I'm even ashamed to admit that I loved the Supergirl movie as a kid and I wanted to be her. Seriously she could take on anyone, and a young woman being just as powerful as a fully grown man just spoke to me in ways you wouldn't understand.

So then I grew up, rewatched it and realised it was terrible. Such a terrible movie, so when I heard about a TV show being made I thought, "Not again." Maybe I've just been scarred too many times when it comes to my favorite superheroes (don't get me started on The Amazing Spider-Man 2), and I've become cynical of anything made outside Marvel Studios. But I may have been wrong to be so defeatist about this project.

Seriously, I am trying not to jinx it by having hope. I want it to be good, I want a Superhero that I and millions of other woman across the globe can tune in and look up to. I want Supergirl to be great, and I don't want to be lied to or given false hope by the trailer. My fingers are crossed for you Supergirl, the trailer does not disappoint but I'm always cautious when it's something so close to my heart.

Check out the trailer below, Supergirl starts 26th of October.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heroes Reborn Premiere Review

I'm going to do a quick overview along with my thoughts on this episode.  SPOILERS ARE COMING! YEH BE WARNED!  What can I say? I was super excited for this series, as I absolutely loved Heroes, but I won't sugar-coat it, I was a tad disappointed. Maybe it was just me building it way up in my head and maybe just like the old show this is going to take a few episodes for me to get into. I don't know, I think it will be different for me on a rewatch. I definitely enjoyed the performances, but something felt missing. So it starts off a few years after the original when humans and evos are living in harmony and a festival is being held in Odessa, Texas (home to primatech) for Humans and Evo's to come together. Then suddenly a dark cloud or ship appears over head. Noah Bennett (Jack Coleman) then wakes up to destruction all around him, he has survived and we have no idea what has happened or why he has survived. We then see four flashbacks which I personally didn...

Agents of Shield - Purpose in the Machine

So yeah I just finished watching Agents of Shield episode two. I was going to leave it until tomorrow morning but I found myself wanting to write about it.  I really enjoyed this episode guys and I am going to tell you why. SPOILERS ARE COMING! Now let's talk about Ward (Brett Dalton), I love hydra Ward best. If Grant has an evil purpose he is better for it, he might not have the girl, but he has a team. Ward is going to cleanse Hydra of all its money lovers. He will form Hydra 2.0, only in it for the destruction. Now that's the Ward we can all get behind, he might be the bad guy, but he's our bad guy. So the episode starts in 18th century England inside a creepy mansion with men in powdered wigs and such. They are technically drawing straws but with stones, the white stone goes in the Portal. He will be missed but they throw out a hydra-esque quib about how they have to sacrifice to learn, wait no one actually comes back. Oh no Simmons! We cut back to present day a...

Daredevil Season 2 Trailer

SPOILERS, as always for those who haven't watched season one.  So everyone's favorite Blind(ish) Superhero is back in a new trailer. Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) is feeling guilty, maybe for the death of Ben Urich (Vondie Curtis-Hall) last season, maybe for something completely different. Father Lantom (Peter McRobbie) tells Matt that guilt can be a good, although Karen (Deborah Ann Woll) and Foggy (Elden Henson) also look plenty guilty in this teaser trailer. We then see a bunch of clips including Claire Temple (Rosario Dawson) in her nurse scrubs, and Elektra (Elodie Yung) getting her mask on, all while hearing a voice over from Father Lantom who indicates that it may be because Matt's work as Daredevil is not yet finished. We then see Karen Page holding a Punisher skull on a x-ray and looking pretty freaked out by it. Then comes what I am most looking forward to, Frank Castle (Jon Bernthal) is here, in a hospital (watch out Claire) and looking pretty bad ass if I do...