Skip to main content

Big Bang Season 9 Episode 1 Review

SPOILERS BE COMING! The following is my review of the season nine premiere of the Big Bang Theory.



So in all the confusion with time zones I completely forgot to watch the premiere episode of the Big Bang Theory. I will say one thing before I go on, researching season nine in my previous post kinda ruined it for me. I read an interview with the Big Bang Showrunner Steve Molaro who revealed that Leonard and Penny do actually get married and I would have preferred it if I didn't know. There was no will they won't they scenario going on in my head and I really would have enjoyed it more if there was.

Anyway besides all that the episode was pretty much ok, not the best, not the worst. I understand there was a lot to do in twenty minutes. I enjoyed Sheldon's back and forth with Amy, not knowing if they had broken up, if they were getting back together was very well done. I always enjoy the chemistry both the actors have with one another and still hope to see more of it in the coming season.

Stuart was the funniest character in this episode and I found my only real laugh out loud moments were at his interactions with the rest of the cast. This may also be because I'd seen most of all the other funny moments in the trailer but I feel his character does give a breath of fresh air to the cast.

Leonards vows were really sweet, Penny's were even sweeter. I also enjoyed that even though the rest of the gang weren't there they still got to watch the wedding live through the internet. But we don't get to hear Penny's surname due to a cut back to the gang and Sheldon talking all over it. Seriously what is it? I NEED TO KNOW!

Anyway I found myself annoyed at Sheldon and Amy breaking it off, If you remember back to the season eight finale Amy wanted a break as she didn't know were her relationship with Sheldon was going. All he needs to do is show her the ring and we have our Shamy back. But this doesn't happen, Amy breaks it off for good.

I also enjoyed that Penny got so annoyed at Leonard after they got married, it's a normal reaction to hearing you've been cheated on and she does tend to ignore her feelings so at least she's getting them out. I would have liked her to have this reaction before and not have to wait until after the ceremony but still she did good.

We didn't see much of Raj in this episode which I was disappointed in as he is my favorite character. But all in all an ok start to the season. I am genuinely looking forward to next week's episode.

My preview of season nine can be found here - http://mcqsviews.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/big-bang-season-9.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Illness in TV and Film - Dementors

                                                                                                      Image Source Dementors have haunted me ever since I read The Prisoner of Azkaban way back in 1999. I was a Pre-Teen who was pretty much unaware of the depression that was just around the corner, in a way this book prepared me for what was to come, and after multiple reads, it became my go-to reference when explaining my depression. First off let's give a brief outline of Dementors, these magical wraith-like creatures can generally be found guarding Azkaban Prison, sucking the happiness, hope, and peace out of everyone around them. If you have had a horrible life marked by loss and abuse (just like Harry) you are much more affected by them than someone who has not, as they also cause depression and despair in there victims. They can sense and taste fear, but thankfully they can't seem to tell people of the same build from each other, and they are able to communicate wit

Jessica Jones Episodes 1-2

                                                                          [Courtesy of Marvel/Netflix] Jessica Jones launched this Friday and after a weekend of mostly binge watching I decided it was time to talk about it. I really enjoyed this show and will be giving my opinion on the first two episodes below. SPOILER warning for those who haven't watch any of these episodes as I will be analysing each episode. A.K.A Ladies Night                                                                           [Courtesy of Marvel/Netflix] So in the first episode Jessica (Krysten Ritter) is a loner, she stays from people as they just cause complications. We get a sense that she has done something, something dark, but we don't quite know what it could be. The day starts with an argument with a client who she throws through her door, she then narrates her typical New York day, and she ends it by spying on Luke Cage (Mike Colter). She wakes up in her apartment to find Malcolm

Thanksgiving

                                                                                      [Courtesy of Fox] So I'm Scottish and we don't get the whole Thanksgiving thing, but I have watched a lot of movies and television which give the rest of the world a nice little insight into this holiday. So you have time off work, you're not taking part in those crazy sales (which have also became a tradition over here, thanks), and you're stuffed from eating your weight in delicious foods. What do you watch? Harry Potter                                                                  [Courtesy of Warner Bros] So I don't know about you but nothing screams November more than our beloved Harry Potter, and there are eight movies for you to binge watch throughout the weekend. I just rewatched these and they hold up, you'll feel the magic, panic and feel relieved as the battle comes to a close. Witness Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe), a poor orphan boy who lives in a cu