Skip to main content

Once Upon A Time Season 5 Episode 1



This episode was just so great throughout, with all it's twists and turns. I'd give it five stars. I'm now going to be talking about specifics so SPOILERS ARE COMING! Don't say I didn't warn you.

So the episode starts in Minneapolis in 1989, Emma and other foster kids are in a cinema watching The Sword and The Stone. She seems to be jealous of kids with sweets and steals some chocolate for herself. Then an usher appears from nowhere and tells Emma not to do it, she must not remove excalibre and then he vanishes in a puff of smoke.

We are then taken to the Enchanted Forest where Arthur, Lancelot (remember season 2, Cora apparently killed him ages ago and pretended to be him so does this mean he's really alive?) and a bunch of the other Knights of the round table are on trying to find excalibre. They find it but someone else has gotten there first. A Knight tries to take the sword for himself but was deemed not worthy so he turns to dust. Arthur (Liam Garrigan) then tries and successfully removes the sword from the stone but it appears the sword has been halved in two. The other half is the dark ones dagger.



Back in Storybrooke the villains and heroes are wondering where Emma could be. Hook (Colin O'Donoghue) tries to summon her but he can't, she is not in this realm. She is however in the Enchanted Forest alongside a manifestation of the dark one (Robert Carlyle). He will remain with her until she embraces her power, which she swears she will not do. Emma (Jennifer Morrison) is on a mission to find Merlin, he will be able to get rid the darkness from inside her. 

In Storybrooke the apprentice is dying, he hands over a wand which could help the Storybrooke crew find Emma. The wand needs to be welded by both the light and the dark. Regina (Lana Parrilla) tries to use this wand but fails, who else could possibly weld it? Someone wicked perhaps? Back in the Enchanted forest Emma is lost, she turns to a man for directions, he won't tell her unless she gives him money. He starts choking, she thinks it's the Dark One but it's her. The darkness seems to be taking over her no matter how much she fights it.

Back in Storybrooke Belle (Emilie de Ravin) is watching over Rumple, Mother Superior (Keegan Connor Tracy) tells her that she should go help the gang with Emma. Belle wants to watch over Rumple so fairy conjures up a rose, as long as petals stay her beast shall live. The rest of the gang go and visit Zelena (Rebecca Mader) to ask her for help. The problem is Regina doesn't trust her with the wand so that put a crimp in that plan.



Back in the Enchanted Forest Emma is running after a wisp, which Merida (Amy Manson) plucks right out from under her. Merida's life looks like it could be in danger but Emma let's her have the wisp and they decide to go to the Hill of Stones together, with Merida.stating Emma can have it once she is done with it We then find out the reason Merida wants the wisp, it's to save her brothers and show the clans she's a worthy leader due to her being shunned after the death of her father. The dark one however wants Emma to betray Merida stating that once a person uses a wisp it belongs to them until there death.

Back in Storybrooke Hook convinces Henry (Jared Gilmore) to break into Zelena cell. He will give her the wand but use a potion to take Zelena's heart so that she behaves. But her heart is protected and the spell nearly knocks Hook out. She then chops off her own hand, takes off the enchanted bracelet reattaches her hand a disappears.

Hook then goes back and tells the gang what happened but Snow (Ginnifer Goodwin) still feels hopeful they can get Emma back. Zelena then steals Robin (Sean Maguire) and Regina then trades the wand for his life. Zelena then summons a portal/tornado as she wants to take her and the baby back to Oz. Regina then tricks Zelena, as the portal weakens her and the enchanted bracelet is put back on her wrist. Regina then guides the Portal to Emma, using her baby blanket taking along everyone inside Granny's.


.
Back in the forest Merida has gone off on her own as she overheard Emma's conversation with the dark one. Emma then teleports to her at the stones. Meridia tries to shoot Emma but she keeps catching them. It's almost like Emma isn't even controlling her own body at times. Emma then pulls Merida towards her and takes her heart from her chest. As she is about to crush it the gang show up. Hook then gives a speech which convinces Emma to back down and Meridia who has now learned true mercy goes off to find the wisp and save her brothers. Snow gives Emma the dagger but she refuses giving it to Regina instead, as she would be the only one who could kill her if necessary.

We then go to where Granny's landed. Emma is happy to see how many people came to save her. Then King Arthur and his Knights appear on horseback. Turns out there is a prophesy that Emma and her gang are destined to reunite Merlin and Arthur. The gang go to Camelot and everything looks on track and hopeful. Nothing could possibly go wrong. Right?

We then jump forward six weeks in time. The gang and Granny's reappear in Storybrooke but they have no memory of any of it, again (remember Oz). They all seem intact until Snow asks for Emma, then appears in full dark one costume with grey hair and looking bad ass might I add. She tells the group they failed, the town now has no saviour and it turns out Emma stole her dagger back from Regina at some point, that is if she gave her it in the first place (remember Rumple has made a copy before). She will punish the town for what they did.



What happened? Everything seems to have gone to the dogs (check expression). One minute there's hope, next minute it's quashed. It looks like Regina is going to take on the mantle of new saviour which if you told me a few seasons back I would have laughed, laughed right in your face. Will they save Emma? I'm excited for episode two. I also would like to know what the gang did that requires punishment. Can't believe I have to wait a whole week!

ALL MAGIC COMES WITH A PRICE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heroes Reborn Premiere Review

I'm going to do a quick overview along with my thoughts on this episode.  SPOILERS ARE COMING! YEH BE WARNED!  What can I say? I was super excited for this series, as I absolutely loved Heroes, but I won't sugar-coat it, I was a tad disappointed. Maybe it was just me building it way up in my head and maybe just like the old show this is going to take a few episodes for me to get into. I don't know, I think it will be different for me on a rewatch. I definitely enjoyed the performances, but something felt missing. So it starts off a few years after the original when humans and evos are living in harmony and a festival is being held in Odessa, Texas (home to primatech) for Humans and Evo's to come together. Then suddenly a dark cloud or ship appears over head. Noah Bennett (Jack Coleman) then wakes up to destruction all around him, he has survived and we have no idea what has happened or why he has survived. We then see four flashbacks which I personally didn...

Labyrinthitis!

                              [Tristar Pictures] No this is nothing to do with David Bowie, Magic or Baby kidnapping. I have labyrinthitis which is a swelling in the labyrinth ear canal which is caused by a bacterial infection, remember that flu I had? So this post is basically to say I won't be posting until I am over it. If there was no Vertigo I'd happily be posting away. But every few minutes the Vertigo hits and I start feeling sick. So my whole point is there will be no posts until I get a handle on this nausea or it goes away. I'm hoping it'll be the first one as it can take up too six weeks to get any better. So I thought I'd take a minute and give you the posts you would have missed out this week. I will be so vague so don't worry about spoilers. Once Upon a Time - Great time in the mid-season finale. Almost cried like a baby but I didn't. Looking forward to seeing the underworld and proba...

Agents of Shield - Purpose in the Machine

So yeah I just finished watching Agents of Shield episode two. I was going to leave it until tomorrow morning but I found myself wanting to write about it.  I really enjoyed this episode guys and I am going to tell you why. SPOILERS ARE COMING! Now let's talk about Ward (Brett Dalton), I love hydra Ward best. If Grant has an evil purpose he is better for it, he might not have the girl, but he has a team. Ward is going to cleanse Hydra of all its money lovers. He will form Hydra 2.0, only in it for the destruction. Now that's the Ward we can all get behind, he might be the bad guy, but he's our bad guy. So the episode starts in 18th century England inside a creepy mansion with men in powdered wigs and such. They are technically drawing straws but with stones, the white stone goes in the Portal. He will be missed but they throw out a hydra-esque quib about how they have to sacrifice to learn, wait no one actually comes back. Oh no Simmons! We cut back to present day a...