Skip to main content

Fall Movies Part 2!


Sicario is directed by Denis Villeneuve and stars Emily Blunt. From the trailer it looks as though she plays a badass FBI field agent who finds herself along with her male companions (Josh Brolin, Benicio Del Toro) at war with the Mexican drug cartel. Not everything is how it seems however as our heroine later discovers objectives are being hidden from her. From the trailer it looks like she is the bait in this action thriller. Hopefully not for too long though. Sicario in Mexico mean's hitman but hopefully it will be much better.

I love seeing a female heroine in an action movie and this is no different. It looks really great and gritty, something I could sink my teeth in to. I'm sure she will prevail and kick ass although in the trailer there is a part about her being used as bait which might be bad, but I'm sure she will kick ass and chew some bubblegum throughout this movie.

Check it out US Sept 18th, UK 8 October.


The walk directed by Robert Zemeckis shows Joseph Gordon-Levitt take on the role of Philippe Petit who illegally walked on tightrope between the two towers of the world trade centre in 1974. The trailer shows the planning, set up and the finale walk along the type rope, with suspense.

It looks visually breathtaking and would be another film to watch in IMAX just for the experience of it all. If you enjoy the sound of this movie check out the Oscar winning documentary Man on Wire which follows Petit as he takes his famous walk.

Check it out US 30th of September UK 9th of October.


This movie centres around the story of the early suffragette movement in the UK in the year 1912 where woman fought for the right to vote. Directed by Sarah Gavron, the trailer centres around Maud Watts (Carey Mulligan) and supporting characters Edith Ellyn (Helena Bonhan Carter) and Emmeline Pankhurst (Meryl Streep) who are getting nowhere and decide to take violent action in order for there voices to be heard. This also encourages the state to take action against them. 

I've got the oscar gut feeling about this movie, it tells a great story, one I first heard in primary school where I still to this day am thankful to these women for my ability to put an X in a box. I will be dragging my other half to see this as I believe in this day and age of voting turn outs people do not use there right to put said X in whatever box they choose. A right these woman choose to die or be imprisoned for. 

Check it out US 23rd of October UK 12th of Oct.


From the crazy reality of Guillermo Del Toro (I mean this with much love) comes a horror in which Stephen King calls "Fucking terrifying." Based around Edith Cushing (Mia Wasikowska) in the aftermath of a family tragedy, she is torn between the love for her childhood friend and a mysterious outsider which takes place in a house which is alive. Tom Hiddleston plays her spooky hubby alongside his sister (Jessica Chastain) and Charlie Hunnam. 

It looks terrifying, watching the trailer I felt the need to go hide underneath the covers and not come out until it was over. Definitely one for horror lovers everywhere. I think I'll definitely watch it as it has intrigued me since I saw the trailer but probably not alone. 

Check it out 16th of October. Part Three of my fall movies to watch out for shall be with you tomorrow and for god's sake check under your bed for Del Toro's monsters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Illness in TV and Film - Dementors

                                                                                                      Image Source Dementors have haunted me ever since I read The Prisoner of Azkaban way back in 1999. I was a Pre-Teen who was pretty much unaware of the depression that was just around the corner, in a way this book prepared me for what was to come, and after multiple reads, it became my go-to reference when explaining my depression. First off let's give a brief outline of Dementors, these magical wraith-like creatures can generally be found guarding Azkaban Prison, sucking the happiness, hope, and peace out of everyone around them. If you have had a horrible life marked by loss and abuse (just like Harry) you are much more affected by them than someone who has not, as they also cause depression and despair in there victims. They can sense and taste fear, but thankfully they can't seem to tell people of the same build from each other, and they are able to communicate wit

Jessica Jones Episodes 1-2

                                                                          [Courtesy of Marvel/Netflix] Jessica Jones launched this Friday and after a weekend of mostly binge watching I decided it was time to talk about it. I really enjoyed this show and will be giving my opinion on the first two episodes below. SPOILER warning for those who haven't watch any of these episodes as I will be analysing each episode. A.K.A Ladies Night                                                                           [Courtesy of Marvel/Netflix] So in the first episode Jessica (Krysten Ritter) is a loner, she stays from people as they just cause complications. We get a sense that she has done something, something dark, but we don't quite know what it could be. The day starts with an argument with a client who she throws through her door, she then narrates her typical New York day, and she ends it by spying on Luke Cage (Mike Colter). She wakes up in her apartment to find Malcolm

Thanksgiving

                                                                                      [Courtesy of Fox] So I'm Scottish and we don't get the whole Thanksgiving thing, but I have watched a lot of movies and television which give the rest of the world a nice little insight into this holiday. So you have time off work, you're not taking part in those crazy sales (which have also became a tradition over here, thanks), and you're stuffed from eating your weight in delicious foods. What do you watch? Harry Potter                                                                  [Courtesy of Warner Bros] So I don't know about you but nothing screams November more than our beloved Harry Potter, and there are eight movies for you to binge watch throughout the weekend. I just rewatched these and they hold up, you'll feel the magic, panic and feel relieved as the battle comes to a close. Witness Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe), a poor orphan boy who lives in a cu