Skip to main content

Fall Movies Part 3

This is the final part of the movies I am looking forward to see in the Fall. I have been waiting for a while to post this and with the second Creed trailer being posted last night (my time), I decided it was time to finish this.


Creed tells the story of Adonis Creed (Michael B. Jordan), son of Apollo Creed, born after his death at the hands of Ivan Drago in Rocky 4. Rocky Balboa takes this kid under his wing and trains him to fight. I love the Rocky movies, well maybe not the fifth but I would still happily watch it, I was not looking forward to this movie until I saw the first trailer. I felt it would be a blight on the Rocky memory but from what I have seen I stand here admitting how wrong I was.

Adonis not only has the Apollo target on his back but he is trained by the best fighter in history, which could also cause unwanted hype on Creed. In the trailer we see that Adonis has had it hard even though he had a famous father, bounced around foster care, he's been in and out of juvy, and Rocky bails him out of a Police station. The kids had a hard life, constantly living in Apollo's shadow, and definitely a must see in my book.

Check it out in the US on November 25th and check out the trailer below!


Now moving on to Krampus, I love Christmas Movies, I even watch the cheesy made for TV movies during the holiday season so when I heard of a Christmas movie to ruin all others, I decided to check it out. We're greeted to the likes of Adam Scott, Toni Collette, David Koechner and Conchata Ferrell so this has a comedy feel to it. The first half of the trailer does actually feel like a comedy, and then the horror hits. The electricity goes out, and a huge storm comes rolling in. Is that Santa on the roof with his reindeer? No it's Krampus!

Krampus, a hooved ancient creature comes to visit this family along with his little freaky looking helpers. What will Krampus do? Who will he kill? What the hell is that creepy clown all about? All questions I have asked while watching this trailer. Definitely not one for the kids, unless they have been super naughty, then maybe just show them a little pic of Krampus and I'm sure they'll turn super nice.

Check it out November 25th. and here's a look at the trailer below.


Staying with the Christmas theme, The Night Before is about a group of friends who have spent every Christmas together for fourteen years as Ethan (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) lost his parents on Christmas Eve. But the tradition is about to end with Chris (Anthony Mackie) being too damn famous to hang out with and Issac (Seth Rogen) about to have a baby, the guys have one last epic night ahead of them. We got drugs, parties, singing with Miley Cyrus, and much more in this flick.

It looks really funny and would also be not be one to take the kids to, but definitely another funny movie for adults. It even has Scrooges out there excited.

Check it out November 25th (again), and have a peak at the trailer below.


Now that's the end of my list, do not worry Star Wars Episode 7 will get its own post. I also never spoke about Hunger Games, or Spectre but I already did separate posts for them and shall link them below. Also I will be writing about The Hateful Eight, Bridge of Spies, The Good Dinosaur, Steve Jobs, Trumbo (probably), Snowden, and The Visit so don't worry if I missed your favorite.

So many good looking movies out this fall!

Link to Hunger Games -  http://mcqsviews.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/why-i-love-hunger-games.html
Link to Spectre - http://mcqsviews.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/spectre.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Illness in TV and Film - Dementors

                                                                                                      Image Source Dementors have haunted me ever since I read The Prisoner of Azkaban way back in 1999. I was a Pre-Teen who was pretty much unaware of the depression that was just around the corner, in a way this book prepared me for what was to come, and after multiple reads, it became my go-to reference when explaining my depression. First off let's give a brief outline of Dementors, these magical wraith-like creatures can generally be found guarding Azkaban Prison, sucking the happiness, hope, and peace out of everyone around them. If you have had a horrible life marked by loss and abuse (just like Harry) you are much more affected by them than someone who has not, as they also cause depression and despair in there victims. They can sense and taste fear, but thankfully they can't seem to tell people of the same build from each other, and they are able to communicate wit

Jessica Jones Episodes 1-2

                                                                          [Courtesy of Marvel/Netflix] Jessica Jones launched this Friday and after a weekend of mostly binge watching I decided it was time to talk about it. I really enjoyed this show and will be giving my opinion on the first two episodes below. SPOILER warning for those who haven't watch any of these episodes as I will be analysing each episode. A.K.A Ladies Night                                                                           [Courtesy of Marvel/Netflix] So in the first episode Jessica (Krysten Ritter) is a loner, she stays from people as they just cause complications. We get a sense that she has done something, something dark, but we don't quite know what it could be. The day starts with an argument with a client who she throws through her door, she then narrates her typical New York day, and she ends it by spying on Luke Cage (Mike Colter). She wakes up in her apartment to find Malcolm

Thanksgiving

                                                                                      [Courtesy of Fox] So I'm Scottish and we don't get the whole Thanksgiving thing, but I have watched a lot of movies and television which give the rest of the world a nice little insight into this holiday. So you have time off work, you're not taking part in those crazy sales (which have also became a tradition over here, thanks), and you're stuffed from eating your weight in delicious foods. What do you watch? Harry Potter                                                                  [Courtesy of Warner Bros] So I don't know about you but nothing screams November more than our beloved Harry Potter, and there are eight movies for you to binge watch throughout the weekend. I just rewatched these and they hold up, you'll feel the magic, panic and feel relieved as the battle comes to a close. Witness Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe), a poor orphan boy who lives in a cu