Skip to main content

The Jungle Book Official Trailer


So the new jungle book trailer launched yesterday and it looks amazing. We hear the familiar Scarlett Johansson in the voice over, giving a chilling yet creepy speech as the snake Kaa. She asks Mowgli (Neel Sethi), "Are you alone out here?" and tells him to, "Trust in me!" I was highly anticipating her breaking out into song, which would have been great.

We see our familiar panther Bagheera (Ben Kingsley) first meeting Mowgli, a familiar lion Shere Khan (Idris Elba) and a clip of Mowgli riding on the back of Baloo (Bill Murray). When Kaa is revealed she is huge in comparison to Mowgli, I really like that they changed Kaa to a female as there was a complete lack of female characters in the original. Well besides the singing little girl with the big eyes, and Verna Felton who voiced an Elephant.

My childhood was flashing before my eyes as I saw a clip of King Louie (Christopher Walken) and his minion of monkeys, all that was missing was Baloo with a pair of coconuts. Lastly we are treated to Baloo, swimming backwards as Mowgli sits on him and whistling the bear necessities.

It looks visually breath taking, and really interesting. Definitely one for the kids and the adults who loved the original (me included). I really hope there will be those great catchy songs in it. I'm also hoping for my favorite group of characters from the original, the Vultures. I wonder if they'll still look like the Beatles.

Set for release in 2016 check out the trailer below. "Ooo I wanna be like you..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heroes Reborn Premiere Review

I'm going to do a quick overview along with my thoughts on this episode.  SPOILERS ARE COMING! YEH BE WARNED!  What can I say? I was super excited for this series, as I absolutely loved Heroes, but I won't sugar-coat it, I was a tad disappointed. Maybe it was just me building it way up in my head and maybe just like the old show this is going to take a few episodes for me to get into. I don't know, I think it will be different for me on a rewatch. I definitely enjoyed the performances, but something felt missing. So it starts off a few years after the original when humans and evos are living in harmony and a festival is being held in Odessa, Texas (home to primatech) for Humans and Evo's to come together. Then suddenly a dark cloud or ship appears over head. Noah Bennett (Jack Coleman) then wakes up to destruction all around him, he has survived and we have no idea what has happened or why he has survived. We then see four flashbacks which I personally didn...

Agents of Shield - Purpose in the Machine

So yeah I just finished watching Agents of Shield episode two. I was going to leave it until tomorrow morning but I found myself wanting to write about it.  I really enjoyed this episode guys and I am going to tell you why. SPOILERS ARE COMING! Now let's talk about Ward (Brett Dalton), I love hydra Ward best. If Grant has an evil purpose he is better for it, he might not have the girl, but he has a team. Ward is going to cleanse Hydra of all its money lovers. He will form Hydra 2.0, only in it for the destruction. Now that's the Ward we can all get behind, he might be the bad guy, but he's our bad guy. So the episode starts in 18th century England inside a creepy mansion with men in powdered wigs and such. They are technically drawing straws but with stones, the white stone goes in the Portal. He will be missed but they throw out a hydra-esque quib about how they have to sacrifice to learn, wait no one actually comes back. Oh no Simmons! We cut back to present day a...

Labyrinthitis!

                              [Tristar Pictures] No this is nothing to do with David Bowie, Magic or Baby kidnapping. I have labyrinthitis which is a swelling in the labyrinth ear canal which is caused by a bacterial infection, remember that flu I had? So this post is basically to say I won't be posting until I am over it. If there was no Vertigo I'd happily be posting away. But every few minutes the Vertigo hits and I start feeling sick. So my whole point is there will be no posts until I get a handle on this nausea or it goes away. I'm hoping it'll be the first one as it can take up too six weeks to get any better. So I thought I'd take a minute and give you the posts you would have missed out this week. I will be so vague so don't worry about spoilers. Once Upon a Time - Great time in the mid-season finale. Almost cried like a baby but I didn't. Looking forward to seeing the underworld and proba...