Skip to main content

My week off!

             [Quickmeme]

Hello everybody. I took an inpromptu week off this week. Was only meant to be for Thanksgiving weekend but on Sunday I started to get a bad flu. Still not quite right at the moment. Chicken noodle soup would be great at the moment. 

                                [USA Network]

So what have I been watching on my week off? Besides the shows I usually write for this week I started watching Mr. robot, and I have to say it is pretty great. Think Fight Club meets The Social Network, very much shot like a David Fincher movie. It's gritty and had me hooked pretty quickly. Definitely a must see for those who haven't watched it already.

[Paramount Pictures]

So I decided it was time to watch some Christmas Movies and I popped this on. I thought it would be great and I'd be instantly transported back to my childhood. It wasn't great, it was OK I suppose and the ending was pretty great. I'm no prude but what I can't abide is nakedness for no reason and when Billy Ray Valentine gets his new life he has a houseparty where random women get naked for the sake of it. But if you like that sorta thing then you'll love it. Though it's main theme is pretty much relevant to today's society, so it has aged pretty well. We'll besides all the random boobs. 

                          [Marvel/Disney]

So when the Civil war trailer broke I went back and rewatched Winter Soldier (for I think the sixth time this year). It's a great movie, I am always enthralled by it. The action, the story, the big plot twist and the even bigger plot twist. I don't even think of this movie as a Superhero movie, it's a great spy/action/thriller with some great comedy thrown in. Would definitely be at my number one spot of Marvel movies if Guardians hadn't been made. Though this movie made me like Captain America, which was no small feat. 

                              [HBO/Telltale]

So I don't usually talk about games but I played through Episodes 1-3 of the TellTale games series at the weekend and I loved it so much I had to break the rules for it. I did not think I'd enjoy playing a bit character in this world but I was wrong, the graphics can look basic but at times it looks so beautiful, especially the Wall and beyond. I smashed through the first three, the story is great, I screeched when I released my location in the first scene. It's pretty fun and really engaging, if you enjoy a good role playing game or if you like Game of Thrones then you will definitely enjoy this. I also got the walking dead set for free but I enjoyed GoT best. Hopefully get 4-6 for Christmas. 

So that's my views on my week of viewing, what about yours, comment below. If you like my ramblings then please feel free to check out some of my posts below.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Illness in TV and Film - Dementors

                                                                                                      Image Source Dementors have haunted me ever since I read The Prisoner of Azkaban way back in 1999. I was a Pre-Teen who was pretty much unaware of the depression that was just around the corner, in a way this book prepared me for what was to come, and after multiple reads, it became my go-to reference when explaining my depression. First off let's give a brief outline of Dementors, these magical wraith-like creatures can generally be found guarding Azkaban Prison, sucking the happiness, hope, and peace out of everyone around them. If you have had a horrible life marked by loss and abuse (just like Harry) you are much more affected by them than someone who has not, as they also cause depression and despair in there victims. They can sense and taste fear, but thankfully they can't seem to tell people of the same build from each other, and they are able to communicate wit

Jessica Jones Episodes 1-2

                                                                          [Courtesy of Marvel/Netflix] Jessica Jones launched this Friday and after a weekend of mostly binge watching I decided it was time to talk about it. I really enjoyed this show and will be giving my opinion on the first two episodes below. SPOILER warning for those who haven't watch any of these episodes as I will be analysing each episode. A.K.A Ladies Night                                                                           [Courtesy of Marvel/Netflix] So in the first episode Jessica (Krysten Ritter) is a loner, she stays from people as they just cause complications. We get a sense that she has done something, something dark, but we don't quite know what it could be. The day starts with an argument with a client who she throws through her door, she then narrates her typical New York day, and she ends it by spying on Luke Cage (Mike Colter). She wakes up in her apartment to find Malcolm

Thanksgiving

                                                                                      [Courtesy of Fox] So I'm Scottish and we don't get the whole Thanksgiving thing, but I have watched a lot of movies and television which give the rest of the world a nice little insight into this holiday. So you have time off work, you're not taking part in those crazy sales (which have also became a tradition over here, thanks), and you're stuffed from eating your weight in delicious foods. What do you watch? Harry Potter                                                                  [Courtesy of Warner Bros] So I don't know about you but nothing screams November more than our beloved Harry Potter, and there are eight movies for you to binge watch throughout the weekend. I just rewatched these and they hold up, you'll feel the magic, panic and feel relieved as the battle comes to a close. Witness Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe), a poor orphan boy who lives in a cu