Skip to main content

Book or Show?


For those of you who don't know I HEART Game of Thrones. It took me a while to watch it as season one episode nine got spoiled for me before the air date and I was that annoyed I held off until a few months before season four. It also introduced me to the book series A Song of Ice and Fire which I started reading between seasons four and five. I also love the books as much as the show (if not more because novels are always better). So with season 6 fast approaching and some fans following Kit Harrington's every move, I'm starting to get pretty worried about the Book or Show debacle in which I am apparently going to find myself.

Now I'm not complaining, George take as long as you want, you took your time on A Dance with Dragons and that book was great, keep doing what you're doing. Dan and Dave you guys have a network to keep happy and a world full of fans of the show who need to know what happened so also keep doing what you're doing.

This is at it's core about me, as I don't know what to do. The book has a clear 2016 release date, the only problem is the show will be back April 2016, so if the book comes out first this is all null and void. But if it doesn't I will find myself conflicted, I love them both, no matter what I do I am spoiling something I enjoy.

The show helped me have a better insight when reading the novels, snakes in her hair prophecy jumped out the page at me as I knew why due to the TV show. Although the show did make me neglect the ironborn storyline which I wouldn't have done if I'd looked at it with a fresh pair of eyes.

The books helped me understand why these characters are the way they are.We get to read their thoughts which is always great, unless there thinking something gross then it's weird. It even made me feel sorry for Cersei, until she decided she wanted to kill everyone. It was all for nothing. I also love nothing more than a great book I can sink my teeth into, and I'm just a book person but I'm just as much of a TV person.

I do really want to read Winds of Winter first but in the age of social media coupled with the fact that anytime anything happens on Game of Thrones it appears at the very top of my newsfeed I'm going to have to watch the show. If this scenario hits (I'm not saying it will, I hope it won't) it will get spoiled either way. Unless I stay off the internet, nah never gonna happen.

THE NIGHT IS DARK AND FULL OF TERRORS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Illness in TV and Film - Dementors

                                                                                                      Image Source Dementors have haunted me ever since I read The Prisoner of Azkaban way back in 1999. I was a Pre-Teen who was pretty much unaware of the depression that was just around the corner, in a way this book prepared me for what was to come, and after multiple reads, it became my go-to reference when explaining my depression. First off let's give a brief outline of Dementors, these magical wraith-like creatures can generally be found guarding Azkaban Prison, sucking the happiness, hope, and peace out of everyone around them. If you have had a horrible life marked by loss and abuse (just like Harry) you are much more affected by them than someone who has not, as they also cause depression and despair in there victims. They can sense and taste fear, but thankfully they can't seem to tell people of the same build from each other, and they are able to communicate wit

Jessica Jones Episodes 1-2

                                                                          [Courtesy of Marvel/Netflix] Jessica Jones launched this Friday and after a weekend of mostly binge watching I decided it was time to talk about it. I really enjoyed this show and will be giving my opinion on the first two episodes below. SPOILER warning for those who haven't watch any of these episodes as I will be analysing each episode. A.K.A Ladies Night                                                                           [Courtesy of Marvel/Netflix] So in the first episode Jessica (Krysten Ritter) is a loner, she stays from people as they just cause complications. We get a sense that she has done something, something dark, but we don't quite know what it could be. The day starts with an argument with a client who she throws through her door, she then narrates her typical New York day, and she ends it by spying on Luke Cage (Mike Colter). She wakes up in her apartment to find Malcolm

Thanksgiving

                                                                                      [Courtesy of Fox] So I'm Scottish and we don't get the whole Thanksgiving thing, but I have watched a lot of movies and television which give the rest of the world a nice little insight into this holiday. So you have time off work, you're not taking part in those crazy sales (which have also became a tradition over here, thanks), and you're stuffed from eating your weight in delicious foods. What do you watch? Harry Potter                                                                  [Courtesy of Warner Bros] So I don't know about you but nothing screams November more than our beloved Harry Potter, and there are eight movies for you to binge watch throughout the weekend. I just rewatched these and they hold up, you'll feel the magic, panic and feel relieved as the battle comes to a close. Witness Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe), a poor orphan boy who lives in a cu