Skip to main content

Not really excited for Batman v Superman!



Sorry I'm just not excited for this movie. The trailer is meh, sorry guys but it is. Compare any Batman V Superman trailers to the first Civil war trailer and it just blows it out of the park. Many of you will disagree with me but I just can't get excited for this movie and I'm usually the one that sticks up for DC.

So we see some banter between Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) and Clark Kent (Henry Cavill) as they exchange pleasantries. Why would Bruce Wayne be talking to a reporter, especially about matters regarding Batman and Superman. Unless he knows that Clark Kent is Superman. Yes the banter is interesting but it doesn't make sense, and then in comes Lex Luthor Jr (Jesse Eisenberg) who I'm just not 100% convinced by at this very moment. I'm not saying he is going to be bad, he's quippy which I usually like and most of the world thinks this Lex Luthor is great, but I just can't put my finger on what I don't like about this character.

                                                                                    [Warner Bros/DC]

We then see parts of the teaser which was released at the start of the week, this little fifty second sneak peak was actually better than this full trailer. Superman is doing his thing, and he goes into the senate as Luthor Jr speaks to Senator Finch. Alfred (Jeremy Irons) appears on screen, and in true Alfred fashion he is trying to talk Batman down from fighting when he can't win, calling it suicide as we see some clips of Bruce and a child and Gotham being destroyed.

We then see clips of Batman V Superman as Lex Luthor Jr calls it the greatest Gladiator match in the history of the world. Lois Lane (Amy Adams) calls Lex psychotic to which he calls this a three syllable word for any thought too big for little minds. Batman keeps fighting as Superman tells him to stand down. We then see Lex Luthor Jr with Zod's (Michael Shannon) body and he creates what looks like Doomsday. As Doomsday goes to fry Batman Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) shows up and saves him with her shield. There is then a little quip between Batman and Superman about who Wonder Woman is with.

Ok, why the hell didn't Wonder Woman at least get one line of dialogue? Why did they have to put in Doomsday, couldn't then just have cut it where the screen goes black and you hear him roar? Where the hell is Aquaman? Aquaman is the one part of this movie where I hear people complaining, put him in the trailer in a great action shot and shut all the doubters up. Yes it's great that Wonder Woman get's a bit of action, yes I love this character and feel like she deserves to be in something great. I want this movie to be good, I just don't feel excited for it.

                                                                                       [Warner Bros/DC]

I do really enjoy the Wonder Woman outfit and I really like the premise of a Batman V Superman movie. There are three of my favorite DC superheroes since childhood all in this movie. I just don't feel it. The first trailer heightened my expectations, this one just brought them down to the level they were at before. I really want this movie to be great, so I do hope I'm wrong.

So what did you think? Am I wrong? Did this trailer excite you? Are you more excited to go see it now? Comment below.

Like this post? Then please feel free to check out some of my other posts below.

Game of Thrones Season 6 Teaser - http://mcqsviews.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/game-of-thrones-season-6-teaser.html

Give DC a Chance - http://mcqsviews.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/dc-television.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Illness in TV and Film - Dementors

                                                                                                      Image Source Dementors have haunted me ever since I read The Prisoner of Azkaban way back in 1999. I was a Pre-Teen who was pretty much unaware of the depression that was just around the corner, in a way this book prepared me for what was to come, and after multiple reads, it became my go-to reference when explaining my depression. First off let's give a brief outline of Dementors, these magical wraith-like creatures can generally be found guarding Azkaban Prison, sucking the happiness, hope, and peace out of everyone around them. If you have had a horrible life marked by loss and abuse (just like Harry) you are much more affected by them than someone who has not, as they also cause depression and despair in there victims. They can sense and taste fear, but thankfully they can't seem to tell people of the same build from each other, and they are able to communicate wit

Jessica Jones Episodes 1-2

                                                                          [Courtesy of Marvel/Netflix] Jessica Jones launched this Friday and after a weekend of mostly binge watching I decided it was time to talk about it. I really enjoyed this show and will be giving my opinion on the first two episodes below. SPOILER warning for those who haven't watch any of these episodes as I will be analysing each episode. A.K.A Ladies Night                                                                           [Courtesy of Marvel/Netflix] So in the first episode Jessica (Krysten Ritter) is a loner, she stays from people as they just cause complications. We get a sense that she has done something, something dark, but we don't quite know what it could be. The day starts with an argument with a client who she throws through her door, she then narrates her typical New York day, and she ends it by spying on Luke Cage (Mike Colter). She wakes up in her apartment to find Malcolm

Thanksgiving

                                                                                      [Courtesy of Fox] So I'm Scottish and we don't get the whole Thanksgiving thing, but I have watched a lot of movies and television which give the rest of the world a nice little insight into this holiday. So you have time off work, you're not taking part in those crazy sales (which have also became a tradition over here, thanks), and you're stuffed from eating your weight in delicious foods. What do you watch? Harry Potter                                                                  [Courtesy of Warner Bros] So I don't know about you but nothing screams November more than our beloved Harry Potter, and there are eight movies for you to binge watch throughout the weekend. I just rewatched these and they hold up, you'll feel the magic, panic and feel relieved as the battle comes to a close. Witness Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe), a poor orphan boy who lives in a cu